Preconditions of Prayer
- Ensuring your body and clothing are clean
- Performing Ablution (Wudu)
- Facing the right direction of Qibla (Ka’bah)
- Both men and women must cover their private parts (For a man this is considered to be the area between the naval and knees). All of a woman is considered to be a private part except the face and the palms of the hands.
- Making sure that you perform Salāt (صلاة) (Prayer) at the proper time
The Holy Masjid (Mosque) in Makkah al-Mukarramah is the most revered place of worship for Muslims around the world. At the centre of the Masjid is the Ka’bah. All Muslims are required to face the direction of the Ka’bah five times every day when offering their prayers.
A good guide we have found which describes in graphic and simple detailed instructions how to perform Salāt (صلاة) (Prayer) can be found at the link below.
How to perform Salāt (Prayer)
Note: Clicking this link will open a new window.